Hostess Gifts for the Food and Wine Lover
- If you are looking for the ultimate hostess gift for your aunt who has everything, check out Boxwood Finch’s incredible selection of cookbooks, Jacobsen Sea Salts, and local Calivirgin Olive Oils.
- You can treat your hostess to a cooking class by Cindy Del Monica, Lodi’s knowledgeable cheesemonger and owner of Cheese Central.
Get Your Fall Fix
- If sweets are your thing, stop into Corner Scone Bakery for the tastiest treats around. Owner Terrie Green bakes up the most adorable pumpkin sugar cookies to put you in the mood for fall.
- While everyone else is sipping the pumpkin spice latte from that big chain coffee shop, head to Lodi’s House of Coffees for a full seasonal line-up of fall flavored sips. From the twisted pumpkin chai to the snickerdoodle latte, there is a drink for every taste bud!
- Do you love pumpkin flavored everything. Look no farther than Lincoln Center’s very own Nothing Bundt Cakes for a delicious pumpkin spice cake available through the end of November, topped with the bakery’s signature cream cheese frosting.
New to the Scene
- Rescue Dog Wines is Lodi Wine Country’s newest addition and there’s a big reason to get behind this brand. While RDW’s goal is to produce world class wines from locally sourced Lodi grapes, they are also dedicated to donating 50 percent of profits to animal rescue organizations like the SPCA.
- There is nothing like a wood fired pizza, a seasonal salad, and a good wine list. Welcome to Guantonio’s, a new spot coming to Lodi’s dining scene. The restaurant is expected to open by the end of November.
- Who loves margaritas? You can now make them at home with a recently launched, locally produced product called Tia Linda’s Margarita. It’s an all-natural, ready to drink premium margarita crafted using an old family recipe. Tia Linda’s is simple—shake well and pour over ice.
Sip, Savor and Give Back
Tis’ the season of giving and our region’s wine industry is stellar at giving back. Van Ruiten Winery will host the fifth annual ladies’ night out dubbed Sip and Sparkle on Saturday, November 16 from 6-9:30 PM. Mingle with friends, sample bites from local food trucks, sip VR’s signature wines, and shop from a multitude of vendors. The event benefits the One-Eighty Youth Program, a non-profit dedicated to enhancing the lives of our community’s youth.