Liz willingly handed over the secrets to her Crispy Polenta with Caviar and Crème Fraiche for us to share with readers as a special treat for toasting to the New Year and celebrating the launch of her cookbook, Tapas.
While you’re enjoying these crispy bites, you’ll certainly be feeling fancy enough to uncork a bottle of champagne. After all, how else would you wash down the rich taste of caviar? We recommend grabbing a bottle of something local to sip while you nosh—black tie optional.
Crispy Polenta with Caviar and Crème Fraiche
- 1 Polenta Log, packaged
- 1 jar black Caviar, drained
- Crème Fraiche, or substitute sour cream
- Fresh Chives, chopped
- Olive oil
- Cut Polenta into rounds, about ¼-inch thick
- Pat the polenta rounds dry with paper towels before frying to help with spattering.
- Fry the polenta rounds in olive oil until slightly brown and crispy along the edges; let drain on paper towels.
- Cut the polenta rounds into halves.
- Top with a dollop of crème fraiche and caviar.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
Read the blog:
Grab the Cookbook:
18921 Atkins Rd, Lodi